Calculate Your Energy Costs
The ten most effective improvements that you can do to reduce your energy costs with the greatest and fastest payback are to:
2. Clean the refrigerator coils and drain pan
3. Clean the Dryer and the exhaust vent
4. Seal ALL leaks in the furnace duct work (basement door test)
5. Install High and Low louvered return registers
6. Install EQUALIZ-AIR
7. Balance the return air flow from each room
8. Open a window near the dryer while it is operating
9. DO NOT use the bathroom fan if below 35°F outside
10. Install and use window treatments in both summer and winter
Note: "Booster Fans" (Duct and Register) Do Not increase Air Flow.
In fact, booster fans can reduce air flow!
HOW TO CALCULATE YOUR HEATING COSTS